For many users, host service local system high disk is a real frustration as it can affect PC performance. It doesn’t matter if you use Windows 7, 8 or 10, this problem can happen at any time. But the good news is that we are going to help you fix it.
In this article, we are going to reveal multiple options to fix the service host local high disk problem. You can follow all of these methods and find the best one that matches your scenario. Some of the ways fix the problem temporarily, and some methods can fix it permanently.
Every time you watch the Service Host process, which could be consuming a substantial amount of your computer’s resources. By accessing the task manager, you can get an idea of how many resources Service Host uses. If you require an excessive amount of resources, you must do something to stop the service. Otherwise, that could affect the entire processing speed of the computer. In fact, the high disk of the service host’s local system may exist in the CPU, disk and memory, or in excessive network bandwidth. Also Check- How to Set Up Chrome Remote Desktop.
- 1 What is High Disk Local System Host Service?
- 2 Solutions to service the local system host, high disk, memory and CPU usage
- 3 Fix Service Host Local System: Final word
What is High Disk Local System Host Service?
You can press Ctrl + Alt + Del to access Task Manager without any problem. The “Process” tab will be automatically selected. Then you can scroll down to find various processes related to Service Host. For example, you can see options like Service Host: Local Service, Service Host: Network Service, etc. Based on things we already know, the high disk of the service host local system can make your system really slow. Well, what makes this process consume such a large amount of memory? Let’s find out.
In simpler terms, Service Host: Local System comes as a collection of processes that run on the system. You can also call it a generic service hosting container. This package or processes include tasks like Windows Auto Update and other system services. Running these updates and other services requires a large amount of system resources. That’s exactly why Service Host functions take up a considerable amount of RAM, disk, and memory capacity. You may notice that it requires more resources, particularly after a Windows 10 update. Check here- Connect Your Phone to Your TV
Solutions to service the local system host, high disk, memory and CPU usage
As we mentioned earlier, there are multiple solutions to address this problem. From now on, let’s see how to solve this problem using those methods.
Process 1: disable the service host local system directly
Here’s how to disable the service’s local host system directly.
- Go to Task Manager by pressing Ctrl + Alt + Del and go to Service Host: local system. This will give you an idea of the processes that are consuming disk, CPU and memory.
- When problem items are identified, you can easily remove them by right-clicking and selecting “Final Task”.
- You can repeat the above process to get rid of all tasks that affect performance.
- When items are identified, you can right click on them and select the option labeled “Open Services”.
- You can now go through the services available in Task Manager. Then you need to find the service with the same name to right click on it. Then you can click “Stop”.
- After finding the problematic service, you can double click on it. Then you can expand the Startup Type Menu option and disable it. After that, you need to click Apply and press OK to complete the process.
Process 2: disable Superfetch service
- Hold down Windows Key and “X” simultaneously. This option will open a new menu where you can find Command Prompt and Click on it.
- Once the command prompt opens, you can type “net.exe stop superfetch”. Then you should press the Enter key to disable the service.
Process 3: Find the Intelligent Backup Transfer Service and disable it to repair the high disk of the service host local system
- Go to Windows Task Manager (you already know how to do it) and click “Services”.
- In the Services window, you must go to “Open services” and click on it.
- Then you will find a new window that shows a wide range of services. In this window, you should find the option “Background Intelligent Transfer Service”. Then you need to right click on it and press “Stop”.
Process 4: disable automatic updates
You can try disabling automatic updates and check if it solves the high disk problem of the service host local system. To do that, you need to follow the steps mentioned below.
- Use the “Windows + R” key combination to open the “Run” dialog. Then you need to enter the phrase “services.msc” and hit enter.
- You will see a window open with a range of services to select from. Browse to find the “Windows Update Service” option.
- Double click on the Windows Update Service option and then you will see a new window open.
- Look for the Startup type option in General. Then click on “Disabled” Located in the drop-down list. Then you must click OK to apply the changes you have made.
- Now that you have permanently disabled Windows update.
Fix Service Host Local System: Final word
Well that’s how to repair high disk of local service host system and repair your PC. You can review the list one more time and find the most suitable option for you. However, as we believe, the first option should fix the problem directly.