One of the most important criteria you can find other Instagram users with is your username. If you made a name for yourself when you signed up for Instagram, which is not convenient for you right now, the developers of the popular social service have provided an opportunity to edit this information.
There are two types of username on Instagram – login and your real name (nickname). In the first case, the input is a means of authorization, so it must necessarily be unique; no other user can be named exactly the same.
Change your username from your smart phone
Below, we will look at how to change your login and name through the official app, which is distributed free of charge in the official Android, iOS and Windows stores.
Change your Instagram login
- To change your login, start the application and then go to the rightmost section to open your profile page.
- In the upper right corner, click the gear icon to open the settings.
- In the “Account” section, select “Edit Profile”.
- The second graph is called “Username”. This is where your login name is registered, which must be unique, i.e. not to be used by anyone on this social network. In case the entrance is busy, the system will notify you immediately.
Change your name to Instagram
Unlike login information, the name is a parameter that you can set arbitrarily. This information is displayed on your profile page just below the avatar.
- To change this name, go to the tab on the right and then click the gear icon to go to the settings.
- In the “Account” section, click the “Edit profile” button.
- The first graphic is called “Name”. Here you can specify any name in any language. To save your changes, click the Finish button in the upper right corner.
Change the user name of the computer
- Navigate to every browser Web page on Instagram and, if necessary, log in with your credentials.
- Go to your profile page by clicking the appropriate icon in the upper right corner.
- Click the “Edit Profile” button.
- In the Name column, your name appears on the profile page below the avatar. The “Username” field must indicate your unique entry, consisting of English alphabets, numbers, and symbols.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click the Submit button to save your changes.