Firefox Account can sync bookmarks, history, tabs, passwords, add-ons, and preferences across your various devices. In order to ensure user privacy and information security, Mozilla has started rolling out 2-step verification in Firefox accounts (2FA, two-factor authentication) function.
When “2-step verification” is enabled for your Firefox account, an additional layer of security protection will be added. After that, you will need to perform additional security verification in addition to your password before you can log in normally. This way, even if a password is lost or stolen, an attacker cannot use it alone to access your account information.
This article explains how to enable F2A two-step verification for your Firefox Account. Before that, you need to install an authentication application on your phone to generate a TOTP (time-based one-time password) code. Try Google Authentication or Microsoft Authentication, all of which work on both Android and iOS phones.
Also Check- Best drivers update software for Windows 10/8/7
Enable Two-step Authentication in Firefox Account from Firefox Browser
- Launch the Firefox browser-find and open “Preferences” in the menu-click “Firefox Account” in the left panel of “Preferences“, where you can see the sync settings related to managing your account.
- Click the “Manage Account” link below the email. This will open the Firefox account page where you can change your account settings
- Click the “Enable” button to the right of the “2-Step Verification” option.
- Open the authentication application installed on your phone in advance and scan the QR code that appears. The verification application will now provide you with a 6-digit TOTP code. Please enter it into the Security Code field and click Confirm.
- After Firefox 2FA is successfully activated, it will automatically generate a one-time “rescue code”, which can be used for emergency recovery if the phone cannot be used (lost or flashed). (Be sure to save it!)
After the two-step verification of Firefox browser is successfully enabled, every time you re-login to your Firefox Account, in addition to entering your password, you need to verify the 6-digit TOTP code temporarily generated in the mobile verification application.